Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites
Norwegians love to gamble and play casino games. But the fast-moving legal situation hasn’t always made it possible for players to get their fix in Oslo, Rosenborg, or the Arctic Circle.
For a good online casino, Norwegian-based customers have had to move towards state-run websites and lotteries. Norwegian poker players, meanwhile, have found themselves going overseas to play their own national championships.
Is Norway a complete no-go area when it comes to gambling? Not quite, and there are plenty of opportunities to gamble offline and online for real cash. Let’s explore the options for Norwegian gaming fanatics.
It should be noted that not all overseas casino sites are available to Norwegian players. However, there are still plenty of offshore sites that accept Norwegians and allow deposits in Norwegian Kroner (kr).
Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites with a FRESH bonuses!
100% up to โฌ200 or more.
$1000 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins!
100% up to ยฃ100 Slots
220% up to โฌ880 + 220 Free Spins
$1000 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins
$1000 Bonus + 300 Free Spins!
100% up to โฌ500 + 200 Free Spins instantly!
โฌ500 Welcome Bonus
โฌ1500 Deposit Bonus
100% up to $/โฌ100 + 200 Spins
About Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites with a HUGE bonuses!
Norwegian punters will be among those who are the keenest to play on online casinos. So you must be on the search for online casino sites where you will find attractive offers and will be captivated by the promotions and other opportunities to enjoy yourself and get the most lucrative experiences. With such success in online Poker for Norwegians, you will surely search for online Poker sites, plus the latest and newest Slots. You will surely be attracted by the offers you find when looking for online casinos specially catering for Norwegian based players. Because there are illegal casinos among all those enticing sites, bonus.express is there for you, with the selection of the top, secure, and tested online casinos for Norwegians. You can be certain that the choice we have made for you features licensed online gaming sites which are fair and reputable. Our selection is based on long everyday work and on experience, as we look for online casinos for Norwegians and check them to find the best offers.
Current Situation on Gambling in Norway
Overall, those who likes to play casino Norway games in land-based Norwegian casinos, have three options – they can visit state-operated horse racing facilities, they can gamble on cruise ships in the open sea, or they can go travelling to the neighboring states like Denmark or Sweden, where casinos are legal and can be enjoyed by every visitor.
Those preferring to game in online casino in Norway canโt do that, so they usually just visit foreign websites that accept players from Norway. The government does not ban those websites and does not restrict the access of Norwegian gamblers to those platforms. The only main issue is that players have to declare their winnings as income and pay taxes. Mobile casinos in Norway are not available as well, unless these are foreign, so do not look for online casino Norway for real money.
Laws for Norwegian players
There are three main legal Acts that regulate the whole niche of gambling in Norway. In the beginning of the 20th century, in 1927, the first was the Totalisator Act, in 1992 – the Gaming Act, and in 1995 – the Lottery Act. These three sets of laws, firstly, establish the full monopoly of the state in the niche of gambling, secondly, regulate what games are allowed and what arenโt, and thirdly, within those laws online gambling should have been regulated. However, the government decided that it would be easier to simply ban all Norway casinos online at once, than developing complicated regulations and laws.
The main point is that citizens tended to spend lots of money on casino online Norway games, moreover, the state authorities decided that gambling was way too addictive. To make you understand the situation more completely, we will notice that one of the state-operated agencies, Norsk Tipping, is controlled by Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs. So gambling is not seen as an economic activity bringing money to the country, rather it is considered a type of entertainment that should be supervised.
Norsk Tipping agency is allowed to offer sports betting, lotteries, and several other games to the locals. Norsk Rikstoto is responsible mostly for animal racing. As for virtual ventures, in 2010, the authorities have passed the law that restricted local players even more. According to this law, none of the banks allowed their customers to use credit or debit plastic cards for depositing in Norway online casinos. This limits the local gamers even if they reach out to foreign casinos, because, as we all know, plastic card is one of the easiest and most accessible ways of depositing.
Another law claims that private parties including card games, or generally gambling, are legal. However, they should not be organized as business; all unlicensed operators, both companies or individuals, are punished and usually fined. Moreover, all citizens caught playing online illegally, face fines and from three months to one year in jail.
Laws for Norwegian players
There is one main authority that processes all issues and cases on Norway gaming and gambling in Norway, and it is called, surprisingly, The Gaming Authority. This Gaming Authority, in its turn, reports to the Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs.
This agency has three main aspects of responsibilities:
it makes sure that all games and all schemes of betting meet the requirements of the state in the niche, and are under a proper public control. This is the reason why a bunch of games are simply not allowed even in a state-controlled agency.
it works with negative consequences of gambling and tries to prevent financial losses or emotional problems like addiction. This is a cool aspect, because potential negative consequences should be taken seriously. However, the fact is that most people who are into casinos either travel abroad to play, or play remotely from their homes. So, it is hard to deal with negative consequences in them, or even gather any reasonable statistic data.
the agency also has to ensure that all the profits received as a result of betting are owned by the state and are eventually spent on things beneficial for the society. This is another main reason why the state takes such efforts to regulate the niche; they would love to have these money for charity.
The Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs provides the ultimate control of the issue of gambling in Norway. This is the reason why organizations that have charity in their mind actually manage to get permissions for holding events and even poker tournaments. For example, in 2015, the Norwegian Leukaemia Association acquired the permit to hel poker events (despite the fact that poker has been banned in Norway for centuries).
So there are ways around the law in the kingdom, and big businesses or charity organizations find these ways. On the other hand, just average users have to look for opportunities opened to them.
Popular payment methods for players from Norway
Since June 2010, online casino players from Norway cannot use credit/debits cards to deposit/withdraw to/from their NOK casino player account.
This hasn’t stopped resourceful players from playing at NOK online casinos using other options such as e-wallets like Boku, EcoPayz, Neteller, Skrill, Jeton, Siru and MiFinity. E-wallets are great because they are safe/secure, fast and discreet and more are popping up all the time. Drawbacks to them are that there may incur a top-up fee, and their acceptance varies by casino.
Another payment option includes voucher payment methods such as Paysafecard. It has some benefits as it allows you to keep tighter control over your spending, does not require credit checks, is safe and secure and extremely fast. There are limitations, however, including the somewhat restrictive voucher sizes, fees, and inability to be used to withdraw funds.
- 1 Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites with a FRESH bonuses!
- 1.0.1 Top 10 Luxembourg Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.2 Top 10 Russian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.3 Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.4 Top 10 Kuwaiti Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.5 Top 10 French Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.6 Top 10 Italian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.7 Top 10 Thai Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.8 Top 10 Slovenian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.9 Top 10 Japanese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.10 Top 10 Israeli Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.11 Top 10 Iceland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.12 Top 10 Bulgarian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.13 Top 10 Belgian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.14 Top 10 Polish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.15 Top 10 Hong Kong Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.16 Top 10 Belarusian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.17 Top 10 Guernsey Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.18 Top 10 Nicaraguan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.19 Top 10 Dominican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.20 Top 10 Gibraltar Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.21 Top 10 Panamanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.22 Top 10 Liechtenstein Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.23 Top 10 Swiss Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.24 Top 10 Mauritian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.25 Top 10 Jersey Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.26 Top 10 Armenian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.27 Top 10 Georgian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.28 Top 10 Romanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.29 Top 10 Cape Verde Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.30 Top 10 Jamaican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.31 Top 10 Antigua and Barbuda Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.32 Top 10 Belizean Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.33 Top 10 Colombian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.34 Top 10 Seychelles Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.35 Top 10 Tanzanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.36 Top 10 Solomon Islands Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.37 Top 10 Cook Islands Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.38 Top 10 Papua New Guinea Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.39 Top 10 Vanuatu Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.40 Top 10 Mexican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.41 Top 10 Montenegrin Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.42 Top 10 Isle Of Man Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.43 Top 10 Estonian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.44 Top 10 Croatian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.45 Top 10 Greek Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.46 Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.47 Top 10 Czech Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.48 Top 10 Hungarian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.49 Top 10 Latvian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.50 Top 10 Danish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.51 Top 10 Portuguese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.52 Top 10 Pakistani Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.53 Top 10 Ghanaian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.54 Top 10 Ugandan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.55 Top 10 Kenyan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.56 Top 10 Nigerian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.57 Top 10 Sri Lankan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.58 Top 10 Zambian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.59 Top 10 Philippine Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.60 Top 10 Malaysian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.61 Top 10 Maltese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.62 Top 10 Spanish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.63 Top 10 South African Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.64 Top 10 Indian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.65 Top 10 UAE Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.66 Top 10 Ireland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.67 Top 10 Finland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.68 Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.69 Top 10 New Zealand Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.70 Top 10 Canadian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.71 Top 10 Australian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.72 Top 10 UK Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.73 Top 10 Dutch Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.74 Top 10 International Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.75 Top 10 Austrian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.76 Top 10 German Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.77 Top 10 US Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.78 Top 10 European Online Casino Sites
- 1.1 About Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites with a HUGE bonuses!
- 2 Current Situation on Gambling in Norway
- 3 Laws for Norwegian players
- 4 Regulatory authorities in Norway