Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites
Considering the sudden growth of gambling on Eastern Bloc shores, there are a number of online casinos that now offer Slovak, the official language of Slovakia, as a language option. Industry names such as the casino sites in the list below, as well as many others, offer Slovak-speaking players a language option, showing all-round commitment to securing Slovakian-based users in the process.
List and compare the best online casino sites in Slovakia in our up-to-date, streamlined directory. Find the latest online gambling promotions in Slovakia along with special offers! With Bonus.Express, you will have priority access to free spins and the hottest no deposit online casino bonuses in Slovakia.
Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites with a FRESH bonuses!
100% up to โฌ200 or more.
Up to โฌ/$200 + 100 Spins
100% bonus, up to โฌ100 + 100 Book of Dead free spins
$1000 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins!
100% up to ยฃ100 Slots
$1000 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins
Get up to $1000 & 100 Extra spins
Up to โฌ500 + 30 Extra Spins
100% Bonus up to โฌ500 + 200 Extra Spins!
100% up to $/โฌ100 + 200 Spins
About Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites with a HUGE bonuses!
Overview of gambling in Slovakia
Slovakia has always had a rather liberal approach to gambling. There are a number of brick-and-mortar casinos located within the country, while countless lotteries, bookmakers, bars and clubs also offer gambling options for residents. Fortuna SK, for example, runs more than 350 betting shots throughout the country, and as such is seen as having monopolised the industry in Slovakia.
The good news for Slovakian players is that if they donโt like the service, odds or games available to them by Fortuna SK and other providers, there is nothing stopping them from using foreign casinos and bookmakers.
Online casino and gambling laws in Slovakia
There are 11 cities located within Slovakia that have gambling facilities, so itโs easy to see how widespread the industry is in the country and how influential the legality is. Casinos, online gambling, sports-betting parlours, bingo centres, and lotteries are all legal.
The Act No 171/2005 on Gambling Games was introduced in 2005, and aside from some amendments since, has remained relatively open and loose when it comes to gambling. The Ministry of Finance overseas all gambling in Slovakia, and regulates both online and land-based gambling offerings in the country.
Today, there are eight major casinos located throughout Slovakia, with countless other gambling options available both online and in properties.
Interestingly, while the law suggests that operators must have a license, only a handful of licenses have actually been granted. Private operators are online eligible for online sports betting, with all other outlets owned and operated by the state-backed TIPOS corporation.
The government tried to force ISPs to ban access to foreign online gambling sites in 2011. However, it backed down from its plan after fierce opposition locally and from EU legislators.
HOW ONLINE GAMBLING IS REGULATED IN SLOVAKIA?
After so many years of monopoly on the majority of online games, Slovak punters are anticipating first international betting operators to open their doors on 1 July 2020 and can already play at private legal online casinos. As a player, you have three possible choices: a) indulge in gambling on state-run websites belonging to TIPOS, which, by the way, is expected to retain its control over lotteries, raffles, and bingo; b) take chances by playing on websites of unexplored private operators; c) learn all the intricacies of changes that are happening in the Slovak gambling industry right now and then proceed to actions. We would definitely recommend the latter since knowing all the ins and outs of the current situation with online casinos in Slovakia, you will be able to select the best online casinos in Slovakia in a blink and be sure in its reliability. With that in mind, letโs dig deeper into whatโs going on at Slovak online gaming venues!
A BRIEF HISTORY OF GAMBLING IN SLOVAKIA
Slovakia isnโt a big European gaming center, but its gambling roots go back to the middle of the 19th century when the first horse racing was organized in Bratislava. Whereas horse racing has been on the map for more than 150 years, casino games emerged only in the early โ90s of the last century and developed gradually. To date, there are 8 brick-and-mortar Slovak gambling hubs belonging to two major operators โ Casinos Slovakia and Olympic Casinos โ and who knows how many online counterparts, including those waiting for the desired license.
However, the liberalization of online gambling to establish a more or less open market was not as simple as most gamesters wished. While gambling has been legal in Slovakia since the adoption of a sovereign statute in 1992, soon after the fall of the Soviet Union, the majority of gambling forms were provided by TIPOS, a sole state-run gambling operator allowed to administer lotteries, raffles, bingo, and poker. To support the monopoly and extract the maximum revenues, for many years Slovakia has been fighting unlicensed online operators at its best and even tried to change the laws to block unlicensed firms, but anyway had to relent under the pressure of the European Commission and agree to shift the market paradigm from the monopoly to a partially open market while retaining control over lotteries, raffles, and bingo.
But donโt rush to applaud โ whether the recent changes are destined to contribute to the increase in the quality of Slovak casinos is still an open question. However, some aspects make us believe so. Since 2017 the Slovakian government has been overseeing the online gambling landscape much more thoroughly than before. First of all, it has amended its gambling regulations to force sports betting operators to acquire licenses and pay a 27% tax on gross revenue. Secondly, the Slovakian government has started scouring the Internet for illegal gambling activities and block violators. All in all, this strict intervention should bring long-term results, but still, itโs worth being picky when selecting your best online casino in Slovakia. If you wonder which Slovak online casino is good enough to play, look into our top-list of the best Slovak online venues for the answer!
AN OVERVIEW OF GAMBLING LAWS IN SLOVAKIA
The fight against illegal Slovak online gambling companies has ended up in blacklisting 10 operators and thereby creating good fundamentals for approving a new Gambling Act, which, by the way, was adopted against the former Presidentโs will after the 86 deputies overrode the veto. The updated Act does have some new provisions on brick-and-mortar casinos โ for example, a new minimum number of gambling machines in one gambling house was increased to 15 machines while gambling in any brick-and-mortar Slovak casino must be banned between 3:00 and 10:00 โ but what really makes sense is that the Slovakian gambling market is now open to domestic and international private gambling operators. This is a real game-changer โ it partially breaks the monopoly of state-run TIPOS and allows private businesses to obtain a license for online gambling services.
IMPORTANT PROVISIONS AND DETAILS OF THE NEW ONLINE GAMBLING ACT
The licensing process for Slovak online casinos had been carried out from 1 March 2019 till 1 July 2019 and is already finished, but sports betting licenses will come into force only on 1 July 2020.
The license fee is โฌ3 000 000 for Slovakia casino online; โฌ3 000 000 for online sports betting; โฌ5 000 000 for a combined license (online casino games + online betting).
All online licenses are valid for 10 years; licenses for providing both online and land-based betting are valid for 5 years with a possible 5-year prolongation at the applicantโs will.
All Slovak online gambling operators, including poker, are subject to a 22% tax on gross revenue.
Any operator eligible for a license must not be related to a company blacklisted in Slovakia for at least a year prior to applying for a license.
In addition to the novelties brought by the updated legislation, the Slovakian government has decided to create a new Office for the Regulation of Gambling that would take the functions previously executed by the Ministry of Finance. On the whole, the Gambling Act and the new overseeing body clearly indicate the readiness of government and Slovak gamesters to radical changes, but still, there are some gaps to be filled. For example, the new document misses the way of spending gambling revenues as well as the function of local authorities (if any). Nevertheless, the changes are going on and the best way to pick a solid Slovak casino online is to turn to our list of the best Slovak online gambling venues.
- 1 Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites with a FRESH bonuses!
- 1.0.1 Top 10 Luxembourg Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.2 Top 10 Russian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.3 Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.4 Top 10 Kuwaiti Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.5 Top 10 French Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.6 Top 10 Italian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.7 Top 10 Thai Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.8 Top 10 Slovenian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.9 Top 10 Japanese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.10 Top 10 Israeli Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.11 Top 10 Iceland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.12 Top 10 Bulgarian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.13 Top 10 Belgian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.14 Top 10 Polish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.15 Top 10 Hong Kong Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.16 Top 10 Belarusian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.17 Top 10 Guernsey Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.18 Top 10 Nicaraguan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.19 Top 10 Dominican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.20 Top 10 Gibraltar Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.21 Top 10 Panamanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.22 Top 10 Liechtenstein Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.23 Top 10 Swiss Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.24 Top 10 Mauritian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.25 Top 10 Jersey Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.26 Top 10 Armenian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.27 Top 10 Georgian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.28 Top 10 Romanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.29 Top 10 Cape Verde Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.30 Top 10 Jamaican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.31 Top 10 Antigua and Barbuda Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.32 Top 10 Belizean Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.33 Top 10 Colombian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.34 Top 10 Seychelles Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.35 Top 10 Tanzanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.36 Top 10 Solomon Islands Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.37 Top 10 Cook Islands Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.38 Top 10 Papua New Guinea Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.39 Top 10 Vanuatu Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.40 Top 10 Mexican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.41 Top 10 Montenegrin Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.42 Top 10 Isle Of Man Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.43 Top 10 Estonian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.44 Top 10 Croatian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.45 Top 10 Greek Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.46 Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.47 Top 10 Czech Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.48 Top 10 Hungarian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.49 Top 10 Latvian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.50 Top 10 Danish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.51 Top 10 Portuguese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.52 Top 10 Pakistani Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.53 Top 10 Ghanaian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.54 Top 10 Ugandan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.55 Top 10 Kenyan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.56 Top 10 Nigerian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.57 Top 10 Sri Lankan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.58 Top 10 Zambian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.59 Top 10 Philippine Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.60 Top 10 Malaysian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.61 Top 10 Maltese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.62 Top 10 Spanish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.63 Top 10 South African Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.64 Top 10 Indian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.65 Top 10 UAE Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.66 Top 10 Ireland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.67 Top 10 Finland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.68 Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.69 Top 10 New Zealand Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.70 Top 10 Canadian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.71 Top 10 Australian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.72 Top 10 UK Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.73 Top 10 Dutch Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.74 Top 10 International Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.75 Top 10 Austrian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.76 Top 10 German Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.77 Top 10 US Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.78 Top 10 European Online Casino Sites
- 1.1 About Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites with a HUGE bonuses!
- 2 Overview of gambling in Slovakia
- 3 Online casino and gambling laws in Slovakia
- 4 HOW ONLINE GAMBLING IS REGULATED IN SLOVAKIA?
- 5 A BRIEF HISTORY OF GAMBLING IN SLOVAKIA
- 6 AN OVERVIEW OF GAMBLING LAWS IN SLOVAKIA