Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites
Gambling in Sweden is pretty much part of everyday life. Enter a local bar or even take a short cruise on a ferry and you are bound to come across some sort of slot machine or blackjack game. Perhaps this is down to the fact that both land and online casinos are legitimised within the country. Brick and mortar casinos were in fact introduced in Sweden back in 1992 whilst Swedish online casinos entered the market 10 years later in 2002.
As of January, all casino sites operating in Sweden need to have a country specific license, namely a Swedish Gaming license. Things have of course tightened up massively, but the market is booming more than ever. Just what is it that makes online casinos so intriguing in Sweden? From casino bonuses to games as well as payment methods and overall safety, weโre about to reveal all. First things first, hereโs our list of the best online casinos in Sweden.
Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites with a FRESH bonuses!
100% up to โฌ200 or more.
Up to โฌ500 Plus 20 Free Spins!
100% up to โฌ500 Welcome Bonus
Deposit โฌ10 & Play with โฌ70
โฌ300 + 150 Free Spins
100% up to ยฃ100 Slots
20 Free spins + 200% up to โฌ3000
Welcome Bonus 100% up to โฌ500
โฌ/$1000 OR 5 BTC +200 FREE SPINS
About Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites with a HUGE bonuses!
SWEDISH ONLINE CASINO REGULATION
The year that shook the Swedish casino market to its core with the re-regulation regarding online gambling. It was no secret that the Swedish government has been looking into tweaking the โrule bookโ, as so to speak. This was not done to harm any of the existing online casinos, but rather to protect and help prevent gambling addiction among Swedish players.
The new regulation increases awareness on responsible gambling and forces operators to clearly state the terms and conditions on each promotion and bonus before the player opts in. It also allows the Swedish government to impose a tax revenue income of 18% on all gambling operations that make money off Swedish citizens.
The new Swedish gambling regulation is nothing new, since many similar laws exist within other European countries. Spain, Denmark, Italy and the United Kingdom have all preceded Sweden in terms of implementing stricter guidelines on gambling advertisement and protecting players from negative consequences of gambling. Here at CasinoTopsOnline we do not condone malpractices and will always put our players first in terms of safety and fairness.
Swedish Casino Regulation
SWEDISH GAMBLING REGULATION EXPLAINED
The 1st of January was the date that the new Swedish Gambling Act went into effect, changing online casino seemingly overnight. As an operator (an online casino), you will now need to apply for a licence through the Spel Inspektionen (Swedish Gambling Authority), in order to provide legal gambling solutions to Swedish players.
Before the Swedish Gambling Act went live, it was a free-for-all for operators advertising for Swedish players, everything was allowed which only led to false promises and high wagering requirements on seemingly innocent bonuses.
With the new Swedish gambling regulation in place, it makes it completely illegal for an operator to offer gambling services to a Swedish resident without a valid licence granted by the Swedish Gambling Authority. On this page we will only list online casinos that are in possession of a Swedish licence. However, should you come across an online casino that is not listed on this page, it is of utmost importance that they check whether or not the casino has a Swedish licence.
Best Online Casinos in Sweden
Like in other European countries, in Sweden keen gamblers are a legion. Not just lotteries, but also sports betting and casino gaming are popular. But while looking for diversity, Swedish gamblers often look for foreign casinos, because of the restrictions on gambling in the country and the monopoly on gaming activities that is held by the Swedish government. Swedish based punters are estimated to actively engage in sports activities, and also in sports betting. Poker played online has been soaring in prominence. Online poker’s popularity is clear from the fact that recently an online poker turbo championship was won by a Swedish gambler. With the growing number of smartphones and tablets, the interest in gambling has been increasing continuously, because Swedes can also enjoy mobile device gambling.
The monopoly on gambling in Sweden
Gambling, both in brick and mortar venues and online, is legal in Sweden. But the operators conducting gambling activities must have special licensing. In fact, the sole possessor of a license is Svenska Spel. That is a company owned by the state and active in bingo halls and on the Internet.
The legislation in Sweden with respect to gambling
The current legislation which favors monopoly is not in correspondence with the competition rules which are abided by in the EU. On the other hand, the ruling by the European Court of Justice in favor of that legislation is based on the approval of the protection of gamblers from operators which would conduct illegal gaming opportunities.
In 2002, the changes introduced in the Lotteries Act in the country enabled Svenska Spel to provide punters with a more comprehensive online market, and to include there poker, bingo, scratchcards. Casino hames also mushroomed and increased greatly in popularity.
The formal demand by the EU in 2007 asking Sweden and some other countries to open the gambling markets in those countries and thus enable the free movement of services did not meet with success. The monopoly of Svenska Spel continued.
Then in 2012, part of the government expressed the intention to offer conditions for greater competitiveness in online gambling in Sweden, and offer licensing to international operators as well. But the process is slow, and after the government stated in 2015 that it has no intention to cease protecting Svenska Spel’s monopoly, it became clear that changes are not to be expected in the near future at least. Meanwhile, Swedes are keen on availing themselves of gambling opportunities on foreign casino operators extending their games arrays online.
Bonuses and Promotions for Swedish Players
Everything we mentioned so far is definitely a good base to ground your preferences on, but before you do that allow us to share a word about the best bonuses and promotions on the market at the moment. So, how do yourself a bonus? The best and biggest deal is and will always be the welcome bonus. For that reason, the signup bonus is integral for many a player and naturally becomes a focal point of mainstream gambling. Thereโs nothing wrong with that, it could be argued that is the best approach there is. Without further ado, here are the best welcome offers currently available to players based in Sweden.
- 1 Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites with a FRESH bonuses!
- 1.0.1 Top 10 Luxembourg Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.2 Top 10 Russian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.3 Top 10 Slovak Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.4 Top 10 Kuwaiti Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.5 Top 10 French Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.6 Top 10 Italian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.7 Top 10 Thai Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.8 Top 10 Slovenian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.9 Top 10 Japanese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.10 Top 10 Israeli Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.11 Top 10 Iceland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.12 Top 10 Bulgarian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.13 Top 10 Belgian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.14 Top 10 Polish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.15 Top 10 Hong Kong Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.16 Top 10 Belarusian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.17 Top 10 Guernsey Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.18 Top 10 Nicaraguan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.19 Top 10 Dominican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.20 Top 10 Gibraltar Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.21 Top 10 Panamanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.22 Top 10 Liechtenstein Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.23 Top 10 Swiss Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.24 Top 10 Mauritian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.25 Top 10 Jersey Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.26 Top 10 Armenian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.27 Top 10 Georgian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.28 Top 10 Romanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.29 Top 10 Cape Verde Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.30 Top 10 Jamaican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.31 Top 10 Antigua and Barbuda Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.32 Top 10 Belizean Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.33 Top 10 Colombian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.34 Top 10 Seychelles Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.35 Top 10 Tanzanian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.36 Top 10 Solomon Islands Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.37 Top 10 Cook Islands Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.38 Top 10 Papua New Guinea Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.39 Top 10 Vanuatu Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.40 Top 10 Mexican Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.41 Top 10 Montenegrin Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.42 Top 10 Isle Of Man Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.43 Top 10 Estonian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.44 Top 10 Croatian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.45 Top 10 Greek Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.46 Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.47 Top 10 Czech Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.48 Top 10 Hungarian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.49 Top 10 Latvian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.50 Top 10 Danish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.51 Top 10 Portuguese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.52 Top 10 Pakistani Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.53 Top 10 Ghanaian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.54 Top 10 Ugandan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.55 Top 10 Kenyan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.56 Top 10 Nigerian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.57 Top 10 Sri Lankan Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.58 Top 10 Zambian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.59 Top 10 Philippine Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.60 Top 10 Malaysian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.61 Top 10 Maltese Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.62 Top 10 Spanish Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.63 Top 10 South African Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.64 Top 10 Indian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.65 Top 10 UAE Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.66 Top 10 Ireland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.67 Top 10 Finland Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.68 Top 10 Norway Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.69 Top 10 New Zealand Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.70 Top 10 Canadian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.71 Top 10 Australian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.72 Top 10 UK Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.73 Top 10 Dutch Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.74 Top 10 International Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.75 Top 10 Austrian Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.76 Top 10 German Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.77 Top 10 US Online Casino Sites
- 1.0.78 Top 10 European Online Casino Sites
- 1.1 About Top 10 Swedish Online Casino Sites with a HUGE bonuses!
- 2 SWEDISH ONLINE CASINO REGULATION
- 3 Swedish Casino Regulation
- 4 The monopoly on gambling in Sweden
- 5 Bonuses and Promotions for Swedish Players